Homo Deus rather than prophesying a specific view of the future, sets out many different paths for Homo Sapiens moving forward. It looks beyond the next few months, years, or decades, but considers what the greatest problems and questions Homo Sapiens will have to reckon with for the next hundreds and thousands of years.
3 Long Term Problems
- Science is converging on a single dogma:
- Organisms are Algorithms
- Life is data processing
- Intelligence is decoupling from consciousness
- Non-conscious but highly intelligent algorithms may soon know us better than ourselves
3 Key Questions
- Are organisms really just algorithms and is life really just data processing?
- What's more valuable: intelligence or consciousness?
- What will happen to society, politics, and daily life when non-conscious but highly intelligent algorithms know us better than we know ourselves?